Myth II 1.7.1 Public Beta

Talk about anything here.
The Vile

Re: Myth II 1.7.1 Public Beta

Post by The Vile »

Graydon wrote:This is a quote from another thread that was made in the wrong spot, but I think is a valid point and have considered suggesting on numerous occasions over the years, but always seem to forget to mention it.
The Vile wrote:Also, the thing I'll talk now is not truly a game bug, but rather an aesthetic detail: if you select a very experienced unit, his status bar displays the number of killed enemies (by shields/skulls) and how many battles he survived (by spear heads), so for example - hypothetically only -, a Bowman survived 3 battles and killed 20 enemies. So my question is: instead of filling up a unit's status bar with lots of shields/skulls and spear heads, can't it simply have a single shield/skull icon with an integer value aside denoting how many enemies the unit killed, and a single spear head icon counting up how many battles the unit fought?
Perhap's he doesn't realize that this does occur when the number of shields gets to the end of your status bar. But with high resolution monitors these days with 1400+ pixels in width, you have to get LOTS of kills in reg games to finally get it to start counting in #s rather than adding icons. It's hard to hand count 92 kills in a mazz game. Why not just have it count from kill 2. First kill makes the first shield show up, then every subsequent kill is simply counted. Maybe make it a pref if people argue that they like to see a big band of shields across their statusbar.
Actually I committed a small mistake on calling it a "buggy" thing, I know this exists since the very primordies of Myth. But I suggested this for if a unit's status bar could have enough room to fit other icons, such as new magic attacks, picked up/throwable objects, etc) without omitting the exat count of kills and battles of a unit. As I said before, it's rather an aesthetic detail. Hope my suggestion had been of a good taste for Myth II 1.7.1 devs.

Oh, and for a personal opinion about the new Myth II port, I endorse Graydon's idea: the first kill creates the shield/skull, while from the second kill on the exp will be summed up through numbers instead of adding icons. The same for spearhead: the first battle survived brings up the icon, the subsequent ones counting up by numbers. I believe this will not break the game's fun, but instead will make it more dynamic and organized. :P

Okay, I'm going for now...
If ya wanna war, come into! I'll be waiting for you!
Baron LeDant

Post by Baron LeDant »

This is more of a request than a bug report. I'm hoping this is easily doable so thought I'd throw it out there.

During a Mazz game, when a mancer levels and it holding a recharger the inventory is reset and the recharger goes from inventory 4 to inventory 1. This is kinda frustrating to me and often results in using spells I don't intend to use which can often lead to *interesting* results.

Is there a simple way to stop the whole inventory switcharound aside from not levelling the units?
I wear a plastic ass on my bag ~ Da Cheeze
Isolder

Post by Isolder »

I just tried out the beta. Transitioning from full screen to windowed mode failed. When the game ended it just stayed frozen in full screen, showing the last second of the game. I had to ctrl-alt-delete to get back to windowed. This is the same as what happened to me in 1.7.

System specs:
Intel C2D 3.06 ghz
Windows Vista Ult (fully up-to-date)
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4850 (8.573.0.0 according to device manager..) Not really sure how to get the regular driver version..
4gb ram

The settings I tried when this occurred:
Map was WW2 Recon Deluxe

Landscape Textures
Anistropic Filtering
Vsync
3d Fog
windowed
OPENGL
Graydon

Post by Graydon »

Baron LeDant wrote:This is more of a request than a bug report. I'm hoping this is easily doable so thought I'd throw it out there.

During a Mazz game, when a mancer levels and it holding a recharger the inventory is reset and the recharger goes from inventory 4 to inventory 1. This is kinda frustrating to me and often results in using spells I don't intend to use which can often lead to *interesting* results.

Is there a simple way to stop the whole inventory switcharound aside from not levelling the units?
I agree it'd be a nice feature request to have this not happen at all, but you can remedy the situation in mazz at least. If you switch to the recharger and hold Shift and hit I, it should drop that artifact. Not all artifacts are droppable, but chargers are, with the idea that they can be shared in dire circumstances between the two mancers. By dropping it and picking it back up, it re-adds itself in position 4.
Baron LeDant

Post by Baron LeDant »

Thanks gray.
I wear a plastic ass on my bag ~ Da Cheeze
Melekor
Site Admin

Post by Melekor »

From the changelog:
* Modern: Fixed a bug on Windows Vista when transitioning to windowed mode.
Isolder wrote:I just tried out the beta. Transitioning from full screen to windowed mode failed. When the game ended it just stayed frozen in full screen, showing the last second of the game. I had to ctrl-alt-delete to get back to windowed. This is the same as what happened to me in 1.7.

System specs:
Intel C2D 3.06 ghz
Windows Vista Ult (fully up-to-date)
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4850
(bolding is mine)

You're right, we thought this was fixed in general, but it was actually only fixed on nVidia cards. I got a chance to work with an ATI card today and I believe I was able to fix the problem for ATI. Thanks for the report. :)
steelaxe

Post by steelaxe »

Melekor wrote:(bolding is mine)

You're right, we thought this was fixed in general, but it was actually only fixed on nVidia cards. I got a chance to work with an ATI card today and I believe I was able to fix the problem for ATI. Thanks for the report. :)
this has been fixed, we have been working on solutions for it and melekor finally got it. :D
HAPPY MYTHING!
Isolder

Post by Isolder »

steelaxe wrote:this has been fixed, we have been working on solutions for it and melekor finally got it. :D
Good, I look forward to trying it again.
Autumn Demon

Post by Autumn Demon »

I haven't lobby crashed since I started using 1.7.1, but before I would lobby crash every few minutes. Nice work.

But many games are named Bob and the map is shown as Team Haxor. Usually half of all games.
ozone

Post by ozone »

Autumn Demon wrote:But many games are named Bob and the map is shown as Team Haxor. Usually half of all games.
Fixed for next Pub beta.
do it.
zagon

Post by zagon »

i am on a mac these days. OS X I think. I downloaded the files as normal and put them into the required folders. I go to launch myth and it tells me I need my disk/ or full install. I have never had a disk..I got it copied off someone elses hard drive when I first got my mac.

What do you suggest besides looking on ebay for a disk?
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

you must have a really old version of M2 if you are getting the 'need disk' error. either that or the install you copied wasn't a full install.

you need the FULL install so won't need a disk and you should upgrade to the latest version of m2.

once you have a full install on your HD you can follow the info on http://mything.org/Myth_Starter_Guide/#install to update your install to the latest version of M2.

gl.

ps. even a legally purchased copy of an M2 CD shouldn't cost you more than a few bucks. Amazon (not the cheapest source in the world) has a used copy for $9 including shipping.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/ ... ition=used
Last edited by vinylrake on Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Post by Pyro »

Did you myth_log say anything? Make sure you tried to load the correct executable.