TFL, vTFL(The Fallen Levels) difference list

Talk about anything here.
capital

Re: TFL, vTFL(The Fallen Levels) difference list

Post by capital »

Would be so cool if you actually could do a das boot to win though!
Grayswandir
Location: Running rampant in the bowels of human stupidity...

Post by Grayswandir »

Huh, I could swear you could win like that in TFL. Now I'll have to reinstall TFL and try it out for myself. :D
Awesome video btw.
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention in human history, with the possible exception of handguns and tequila."
--Mitchell Radcliffe
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

according to the myth.bungie.org Myth TFL level giude you can't satchel blast the head into the devoid. Usually.

"It is interesting to note that you cannot win this level by satchel-ing the head into the Devoid! However, if you have a Dwarf toss the head into the Devoid and it gets stuck on the edge (happened to me the first time I played this level) you can use cocktails to dislodge it and win the game."

http://myth.bungie.org/legends/fieldgui ... evoid.html
Graydon

Post by Graydon »

I think you _could_ win by punting it into the devoid, but after doing so, a dwarf has to survive to reach the edge of the devoid to trip the endgame trigger test. If the head's in the hole, and there's a dwarf near the edge, you should get the win I think?
oogaBooga

Post by oogaBooga »

As someone who has successfully gotten a hole-in-one in TFL on the Great Devoid, more than once, I can say that in order for the endgame conditions to be met you indeed have to be within sight of the devoid/soulblighter for the projectile-detecting script to be in effect.

*edit* Let me be more specific - you break the script if the head is in early, and even blowing it up and back out again with duds and then throwing manually will not meet endgame conditions.

Ahh memories - running around the devoid searching for the blood trail... turning off landscape filtering to see blood better.. heh.
Site Admin

Re: .

Post by Death's Avatar »

oogaBooga wrote: *edit* Let me be more specific - you break the script if the head is in early, and even blowing it up and back out again with duds and then throwing manually will not meet endgame conditions.
Damn, that's hardcore.
Jon God

Post by Jon God »

We got a film of this?
PSN: Jon_God
XBL: J0N GOD
oogaBooga

Post by oogaBooga »

Jon God wrote:We got a film of this?
Sadly, the best films ive ever had (all my tfl +2years of m2 films) got zapped in an HD failure

Lesson learned: NEVER assume having something on a hard drive means it's ironclad :P
Eddaweaver

Post by Eddaweaver »

The Dwarfs and Pathfinder dwarves in vTFL have different attacks from their TFL counterparts.
Myrd wrote:
Eddaweaver wrote: I don't think the original uncompressed TFL cutscenes still exist but you can download a couple of higher resolution TFL smacker cutscene files for Myth II from here.
Wow, those are definitely higher quality that the ones in the cutscenes.gor files (if extracted). Any idea where those came from?
I noticed the TFL cutscenes are available in Quicktime format on The Tain
http://tain.totalcodex.net/items/show/m ... -cutscenes
Were the files for Bagrada and Crow's Bridge converted from the higher resolution smackers I uploaded? The Crow's Bridge mov's filesize is only half the size which doesn't seem right.
Melekor
Site Admin

Post by Melekor »

Yes, those two were converted from the higher resolution smackers. Smacker is very different from modern codecs, so the filesizes really aren't comparable.
Jeoku

Post by Jeoku »

If you click on the hero berserkers in the missions "The Five Champions" and "out of the Barrier" you will see that they have the same flavor text in vTFL but in TFL they are different for each of them and neither of them is the one in vTFL. They flavor texts in TFL match the lore for that hero.

Most people probably don't care too much about this but thought I would mention it. I have a feeling that there are probably some other flavor texts that are off also.
Jeoku

Post by Jeoku »

I found a pretty major difference in the Great Devoid mission. You can run through the water rather than go around through the trees. On the far side of the river there is shallow water that you can run along the cliff on all the way to the next opening. You cannot do this in the original Myth TFL game.

Also note that once again we have Myth 2 flavor text for Soulblighter which is wrong. There seems to be wrong flavor texts for the units all over the place so all of these should be fixed at some point if any one ever gets to it.
Jon God

Post by Jon God »

Jeoku wrote:I found a pretty major difference in the Great Devoid mission. You can run through the water rather than go around through the trees. On the far side of the river there is shallow water that you can run along the cliff on all the way to the next opening. You cannot do this in the original Myth TFL game.
Huh. Can you share a film?
Jeoku wrote:Also note that once again we have Myth 2 flavor text for Soulblighter which is wrong. There seems to be wrong flavor texts for the units all over the place so all of these should be fixed at some point if any one ever gets to it.
Interesting, I wonder which ones are different overall, is there a list somewhere?
PSN: Jon_God
XBL: J0N GOD
cr8383942

Post by cr8383942 »

Been replaying these on Legendary. I'd played the original TFL a few times on Legendary, and TF Levels at least twice on Legendary. This time the odds seem crazy extreme on a few levels. Am I just rusty, or did the difficulty get ramped up at some point? :?
Jeoku

Post by Jeoku »

I have not noticed much of a difficulty difference between the two. There are a few levels where veteran units make a huge difference like Silvermines because your archers can kill the fetch before they reach you if they have veterancy. There are some small deferences between the two gameplay wise that depending on what you are doing could make a difference.