Official Deadfall release topic!

Talk about anything here.
Jon God

Official Deadfall release topic!

Post by Jon God »

Deadfall Released! (10/19/2009)

After months of development by Jon God with help from Zeph, Deadfall, an extensive modification of Quarantine (http://tain.totalcodex.net/items/show/quarantine), is finally finished. Deadfall is a Zombie based cooperative survival plugin for Myth II. Playable with up to 15 players, Deadfall pits you against nearly 400 AI controlled zombies.

Without variety, is plugin a nothing? Deadfall is playable across 15 maps, with 6 unique gametypes and team/ffa variants.

To add another layer to the gameplay, Deadfall is class based, and every round you can choose a class to suit your playing style, be it Rockets, or Medic, there are 8 classes to choose from, each unique with their own pros and cons.

If a player dies when fighting against zombies, he returns from the grave to kill his former team mates to score extra points, and keep them from getting any more points.

Levels range from urban sprawls to snowbound bases, and everything in between, get ready to fight on some of the most varied maps in on plugin. You'll find yourself fighting in quarries, deserts, small cities, harbors, and more on a host of Strangelet maps!

Gametype wise, expect some interesting twists, with the normal zombie slaying infection, along with other gametypes including a FPS style deathmatch gametype, with multiple spawn points, and FPS style capture the flag.

Touching on classes, there are some of the more obligatory classes, such as the Medic, and Flamethrower classes, but along with them are more original classes, such as the Seeker, with his plasma launcher, and missiles. There is enough variety to make for some very interesting combinations of classes for co-op.

The cherry on top of the features is the high standard of graphical quality in this plugin, with nearly all sprites much higher resolution then normal Myth II sprites, and all 15 levels completely detail textured. Deadfall will be the prettiest Myth II 1.7 plugin released to date!

After reading all this, what are you waiting for? Go download it now:

http://tain.totalcodex.net/items/show/deadfall-v1

Also, be sure to keep an eye on the Official Site for news an updates!

Official site link: http://vocaleyes.com/getdeadfall/Index.html
Last edited by Jon God on Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PSN: Jon_God
XBL: J0N GOD
GodzFire

Re: Official Deadfall release topic!

Post by GodzFire »

Brains?
Zeph

Post by Zeph »

where's my name and is there any mention of quarantine in that description ?
Try this funny game, it's free, broswer based and doesn't ask for email.www.mybrute.com
Jon God

Post by Jon God »

Zeph wrote:where's my name and is there any mention of quarantine in that description ?
Dude I gotta apologize, last night I was really stressed and wrote that at like 4:30AM, I just made a fix, and submitted it, putting your name in, saying clearly that it was a mod of Quarantine, and linking to Quarantine.

Again, I apologize, if I had gotten more sleep, I problem wouldn't have made the mistake, and I take the blame for it.

Hit me up on AIM at some point, I would like to apologize again, you deserve much credit.
morgoth6

Post by morgoth6 »

Jon i got a question...
if i have the most up to date beta's in your udogs folder, is there an omni patch from them to the completed v1?
NEVER GIVE UP,NEVER SAY DIE, UNLESS DECAPITATING AN ENEMY...
Jon God

Post by Jon God »

Zeph wrote:where's my name and is there any mention of quarantine in that description ?
It is now all fixed.

You name, by the way, is also mentioned on the front page of the official site, the FAQ on the official site, the online manual, the offline manual, every pregame image, and ingame on every level.
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

JonGod, why are you breaking with Myth tradition and crediting other people whose work your creation is based on? You'll never make it to the top of the "deluded mapmakers who exaggerate their own accomplishments" list by giving credit to other people.

Really... civility? politeness? respect? What's the community coming to?

This post is meant as random humor and any resemblance to actual mapmakers (living or dead) is unintentional and purely coincidental. No Mapmaker's feelings were harmed in the making of this post.
haravikk
Site Admin

Post by haravikk »

This is quite fun, I've only tried the co-ops maps and a couple of the maps by hosting myself. Will need to get some multi-player games going to really judge, but it's pretty fun :)

I couldn't seem to get the detail-textures working, it may be something to do with my set-up, do you rely on many of the textures included in the bungie level textures plug?
Being Haravikk gets you girls like these:
Jon God

Post by Jon God »

haravikk wrote:This is quite fun, I've only tried the co-ops maps and a couple of the maps by hosting myself. Will need to get some multi-player games going to really judge, but it's pretty fun :)

I couldn't seem to get the detail-textures working, it may be something to do with my set-up, do you rely on many of the textures included in the bungie level textures plug?
I bundled all the textures in the plugin itself, so it should be working, even without the Bungie map textures plugin.
Grayswandir
Location: Running rampant in the bowels of human stupidity...

Post by Grayswandir »

There's quite a lot of fog on many of the levels, I've found that if you zoom in you can see the detail textures better.
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention in human history, with the possible exception of handguns and tequila."
--Mitchell Radcliffe
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

not that's it's particularly significant or anything but there's an older Myth II map that's named 'Deadfall". It was a foggy halloweenish map.
Jon God

Post by Jon God »

vinylrake wrote:not that's it's particularly significant or anything but there's an older Myth II map that's named 'Deadfall". It was a foggy halloweenish map.
Oopsie Doopsie, got a link?
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

GodzFire

Post by GodzFire »

COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT!
Jon God