Chris Krause and his Myth Campaign History

Talk about anything here.
GodzFire

Chris Krause and his Myth Campaign History

Post by GodzFire »

While doing some random Google searches for more information on the two relatively unknown Fallen Lords, I stumbled upon a site run by a 'Chris Krause', which has a HUGE collection of Myth history, and what appears to be events in the future post-Myth 2.

Check it out HERE

Anyone know this guy? I'm not sure what to think of it, there's so much. If he really did make it all up, he should be given a Pulitzer Prize and made story director of a new Myth game.
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Re: Chris Krause and his Myth Campaign History

Post by Pyro »

May 1st, 2541 A.E. - The Deceiver (who is now calling himself Mydred again) and the Warlocks of the Scholomance[16] return to Llancarfan and pledge their allegiance to Alric.
May 9th, 2541 A.E. - Alric declares Myrdred his consul and Fadhbhaim and Seven Jaguar White Flower his high advisors.
This is the first thing it says after the section about the war with Soulblighter. If that didn't raise a red flag that this is a 3rd party story idea, then nothing will.
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

Took a few minutes to find but I KNEW that name rang a bell. The link you had is to the history of his Myth campaign - here's the main page -> http://www.krauselabs.net/ectoplasmmyth/intro.html

I remember when I first saw this a few years back while looking for Myth links and having a similar WTH is this?

Here's the description from the author's "About" page:

The intention of this site is to provide information and periodic updates on a pen and paper "campaign" based in the world of Myth using the Ectoplasm game rules by Chris "Tyr" Krause. Most of the reference information has been compiled from other sources or taken directly from the Myth: The Fallen Lords and Myth II: Soulblighter game manuals. The author claims no creative authority on or referring to the Myth franchise or any sort of writing credit.
tyrspawn

Post by tyrspawn »

Hey guys - a friend of mine was googling around for my Ectoplasm game player's handbook and found this thread. Epic bump I know, and apparently the curious and scholarly OP has passed on since he posted this - but I am Krause.

The link Godz linked is actually a campaign history of a live pen and paper game I ran. Everything after "Present times… " is the campaign play. After every session I would write down what happened. I believe the campaign was ran in 2005-2006.

For those further curious Ectoplasm was a pen and paper system I made, there's a download link here: http://www.krauselabs.net/ectoplasmmyth/ectoplasm.html

Since this time i've run more campaigns and become a developer in the military simulations field, but my main love is pen and paper gaming and my biggest inspiration was Myth.
juliocpaes

Post by juliocpaes »

tyrspawn,

Ectoplasm, your game is a form of RPG (Rolling Play Game) ? :?

Julio
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Post by Pyro »

Hello. Well if you ever get the urge to play it online, there is still a place for that here.
tyrspawn wrote:apparently the curious OP has passed on since he posted this
He hasn't passed on. He just gave up on Myth some years ago and likes to state it is dead now.