Official 1.7 Public Beta 2 Bug Reporting Thread

Talk about anything here.
toecutter

Re: 1.7 beta issues (mb?)

Post by toecutter »

issues during 1.7 play:
1) PLAYER LOADING ISSUES, ESPECIALLY WITH A MIXTURE OF VERSIONS.

2) MOONWALKNG UNITS(MAGIC DIRT)
EXAMPLE 1: ZERK MOONWALKS INTO THRALL FOR 15 SECONDS WHILE GETTING CHOPPED INSTEAD OF RUNNING AROUND HIM.
EXAMPLE 2: UNIT RUNS INTO AND MOONWALKS IN PLACE WHEN THE DESTROYABLE FENCE SPIKE (WITH MONSTER TAGS) IS IN THE WAY.
EXAMPLE 3: UNIT MOONWALKS AND STOPS, REPEATEDLY AT EDGE OF IMPASSABLE TERRAIN.
toe
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Post by Pyro »

Films can help too.
iron
Site Admin

Post by iron »

What exactly are the loading issues?

Re the moonwalking, is this new to the second beta or was it in the 1st as well? It'd be a big help if you can provide some films - it makes it far easier to get to the cause of the problem.
...playing as long5hot on War Thunder
Orlando the Axe

Re: Official 1.7 Public Beta 2 Bug Reporting Thread

Post by Orlando the Axe »

I am getting a bug where the screen goes black a split second every time I press "t".
Melekor
Site Admin

Post by Melekor »

Orlando the Axe wrote:I am getting a bug where the screen goes black a split second every time I press "t".
Pressing just T won't do it, it only happens if you press CTRL+SHIFT+T. Even so, a lot of people are managing to press it by accident, so we're moving it to ALT+F10 for the final.
Orlando the Axe

Post by Orlando the Axe »

actually it seems like whenever i am chatting and press t it happens. either way glad it is being fixed :-o

edit: definitely happening when the only key i am pressing is "t".
The Elfoid

Post by The Elfoid »

Myth II insists on playing full screen now when a level loads, even though the lobby/menus run in Windowed and the Windowed box is checked.

EDIT: Only an issue in high res - anything that starts with '1280 x'. And it also messes up the way Myth looks too, it all looks like it should be wider than it is and has been mashed together into a narrower space than it should fit into. Means I now have to play Myth in a smaller window than I did before.
Melekor
Site Admin

Post by Melekor »

People need to start following the instructions before posting. (Read the OP)
The Elfoid wrote:Myth II insists on playing full screen now when a level loads, even though the lobby/menus run in Windowed and the Windowed box is checked.
This is explained in the change log. (See here: http://www.projectmagma.net/projects/my ... -Brief.txt)
From the change log wrote:* Modern: Myth will now only go into "Windowed" mode if the window will actually fit on your desktop.
The Elfoid

Post by The Elfoid »

I am a fool, I apologise! However...the window previously fitted within my desktop just about. Like, it touched all the left, top and right of the screen and lined up with the taskbar at the bottom (I'm on Windows, forgot to say, running Vista). This was useful since it meant I could access my program tabs at the bottom of the page though. When MSN Messenger flashes orange I like to pause my solo Mything and check who is talking - now I have to play in a smaller than desired window to do this which is what I would rather do than play fullscreen.

'nother bug...the 'what plugins are on?' tab appeared unclickable/grayed out as if there was no plugin turned on. Upon clicking 'plugins', the plugs I wanted to play with turned out to be turned on after all - B&G units + levelpack. That surely can't be something I've just not thought about?
Melekor
Site Admin

Post by Melekor »

Responding to your edit and second post.
And it also messes up the way Myth looks too, it all looks like it should be wider than it is and has been mashed together into a narrower space than it should fit into.
This sounds like it could be a bug. Can you post a screenshot somewhere or email one to me? (melekor@projectmagma.net)
The window previously fitted within my desktop just about. Like, it touched all the left, top and right of the screen and lined up with the taskbar at the bottom (I'm on Windows, forgot to say, running Vista). This was useful since it meant I could access my program tabs at the bottom of the page though. When MSN Messenger flashes orange I like to pause my solo Mything and check who is talking - now I have to play in a smaller than desired window to do this which is what I would rather do than play fullscreen.
Ah, I see. Our reasoning for this change was that it makes little sense to have a window which is larger than the screen itself, because some parts of it would necessarily be cut off. You didn't mind having bits cut off as long as you could see the taskbar.
'nother bug...the 'what plugins are on?' tab appeared unclickable/grayed out as if there was no plugin turned on. Upon clicking 'plugins', the plugs I wanted to play with turned out to be turned on after all - B&G units + levelpack. That surely can't be something I've just not thought about?
I wasn't able to reproduce this myself, can you please give a list of steps to take starting with launching myth, which leads to this. Thanks :)
Eddaweaver

Post by Eddaweaver »

Why does after a plugin crashes the bluebar say "Because you cancelled a game in progress, you are no longer connected to the other players and the "Send" and "Restart Game" buttons are disabled."?
ducky

Post by ducky »

Hi, sorry in advance, dunno where else to post the myth log.

I think there might be some crashing weirdness associated with 1.7. At first I thought it was just maybe 1.6/1.7 compatibility weirdness but we had some 1.7-only games tonight and it seems to pop up.

Here's what's happening, as best I can tell:
• host starts game and occasionally 1 player's myth will crash (dont remember if it's instantly or if it looks like chat is frozen and then leaving the game crashes), causing them to appear to lag out after a min or 2 into game.
• occasionally 1 player will spontaneously lag out in a game. for the player, it's a sudden freeze as with a connection drop (although it seems to affect a variety of players regardless of connection), and for the host, at least, (dunno if this affects everyone or just me) there is a blip where the game freezes for about 2 seconds until they're lagged out.
• sometimes a player will lag out of pregame chat randomly before the game starts, which may or may not leave a ghost of that player. This seems to happen sporadically, but when it does happen, it seems to consistently happen to that player 1-2 times before a rh (which is usually necessary because the game crashes).

I *think* these are new issues. I haven't had this many host problems using 1.6, and I can't find any rhyme or reason to why it's happening to which players. Could possibly a mac/pc incompatibility which might be the case if specific players have recurring problems on specific hosts. I'll ask next time about system specs.

Anyway, here's the long part; the crash log from the latest host crash. Can't remember already when it happened, I think it was from trying to boot someone's "ghost."

2009-06-03 19:42:20
Myth II Build 324 running under MacOS 1049 (PPC) ----------------------------------------------
loading poweruser.txt... not found.
Scanning for software devices...
Found 1 to use
Scanning for OpenGL devices...
Found 1 to use
Loading Patch Files...
Patch 1.2
Patch MariusNet
Patch 1.3
Patch 1.4
Patch 1.4 Interface
Patch 1.5
Loading Patch Files Succeeded
Warning: Unable to find cutscene 'prologue'.
Establishing connection with metaserver at myth.mariusnet.com:6321...
Connected.
Running OpenGL at 1440 x 900, 16 bit
Starting mesh "Gimble in the Wabe"...
Using 1.5.1 gameplay...
VSync OFF
INFO: Not using "chunked" color-map updates.
VSync OFF
VSync OFF
Quitting networked game...
Starting mesh "Gimble in the Wabe"...
Using 1.5.1 gameplay...
VSync OFF
VSync OFF
VSync OFF
Starting mesh "Proving Grounds"...
Using 1.6.0 gameplay...
VSync OFF
VSync OFF
VSync OFF
Starting mesh "Gyre in the Wabe"...
Using 1.6.0 gameplay...
VSync OFF
VSync OFF
VSync OFF
Starting mesh "Dead Man's Float"...
Using 1.6.0 gameplay...
VSync OFF
VSync OFF
VSync OFF
Starting mesh "Killing Grounds"...
Using 1.6.0 gameplay...
VSync OFF
VSync OFF
VSync OFF
Starting mesh "Clash in the Cloudspine"...
Using 1.6.0 gameplay...
VSync OFF
VSync OFF
VSync OFF
Starting mesh "If I Had a Trow..."...
Using 1.6.0 gameplay...
VSync OFF
VSync OFF
VSync OFF
Starting mesh "If I Had a Trow..."...
Using 1.6.0 gameplay...
VSync OFF
VSync OFF
VSync OFF
Starting mesh "Creep on the Borderlands" with 1 plugin...
creep
Using 1.6.0 gameplay...
VSync OFF
VSync OFF
VSync OFF
Starting mesh "Lichen Unto Death ı.ı" with 1 plugin...
Lichen_Final
Using 1.6.0 gameplay...
VSync OFF
VSync OFF
VSync OFF
Starting mesh "The Desert Between Your Ears"...
Using 1.6.0 gameplay...
VSync OFF
VSync OFF
VSync OFF
Starting mesh "Gyre in the Wabe"...
Using 1.6.0 gameplay...
VSync OFF
VSync OFF
VSync OFF
Starting mesh "Raid on the Plains"...
Using 1.6.0 gameplay...
VSync OFF
VSync OFF
VSync OFF
Starting mesh "Dead Man's Float"...
Using 1.6.0 gameplay...
VSync OFF
VSync OFF
VSync OFF
Starting mesh "Phoenix Rising" with 1 plugin...
Phoenix Rising
Using 1.6.0 gameplay...
VSync OFF
VSync OFF
VSync OFF
Starting mesh "Phoenix Falling" with 1 plugin...
Phoenix Rising
VSync OFF
VSync OFF
VSync OFF
Error: File system Create in tag_files.c, line #2991: couldn't delete local tag file ':preferences:metaserver'
Error: File system Create in tag_files.c, line #2959: couldn't create local tag file ':preferences:metaserver'
Baron LeDant

Post by Baron LeDant »

To add something small to duckys post.

A few times (3-5) with the 1st public beta, myth would simply freeze when I hit ok after trading. I didn't experience this before 1.7 and so far have not experienced it under the 2nd beta (although I haven't played that much).
I wear a plastic ass on my bag ~ Da Cheeze
judas

Post by judas »

Regarding the issue surrounding hitting t in game:

This is happening for me constantly. It makes it impossible to play with units that have a special ability. Why you decided to map anything onto T is beyond me but I've managed to narrow down the behavior a bit.

When hitting shift-t you toggle the behavior on. After that, anytime you strike t you will see the flickering screen. Hitting shift-t again will toggle the behavior off; i can toggle t off and can heal my hg, for example. Here's the funny part: if you hit shift-y to yell and use t anywhere in the sentence you toggle the behavior again. Whispering does not affect the behavior.

It's great that you're going to remap whatever it is that shift-t does to alt-f10 or what not, however, this bug is supremely bad for gameplay. Is there anyway we get a hotfix to resolve the issue in the meantime? Just kill the mapping?
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Post by Pyro »

judas wrote:Why you decided to map anything onto T is beyond me
Probably because it is called "toggle aways on top" or something to that effect. Besides it isn't T that activates it but Ctrl-Shift-T. I don't have any "T" related issues, odd. Well who knows maybe the code had some sort of flaw.