Official 1.7 Public Beta Bug Reporting Thread

Talk about anything here.
Myrkridon

Post by Myrkridon »

On a positive note the pathfinding seems quite a bit better in the 1.7 games I've played.
Caps lock just needs to go back to 1.6 style.
GodzFire

Post by GodzFire »

Again, Myrd, any chance you could change the button for turning on/off the FPS display? I find myself hitting it more and more often.

Maybe a function key?
Eddaweaver

Post by Eddaweaver »

How are you managing to hit the Delete key?
Gleep

Post by Gleep »

I've had problems under OpenGL in windows. When the game loads the map and is about to start my screen goes wonky or goest all white. Sometimes tabbing back in fixes it, but I'm just using software mode now. It may be my video card tho.
Last edited by Gleep on Mon May 04, 2009 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Post by Pyro »

I tried to replicate the berserk myrk self attack issue, but no luck. I guess Myrd will have to figure it out with that film.
Melekor
Site Admin

Post by Melekor »

Gleep wrote:I've had problems under OpenGL in windows. When the game loads the map and is about to start my screen goes wonky or goest all white. Sometimes tabbing back in fixes it, but I'm just using software mode now. It may be my video card tho.
Some context for this report would be helpful. Tell us your OS, System & Video card specs, etc. Does OpenGL work in other games? Does OpenGL work in 1.6 but not in 1.7?
Graydon

Post by Graydon »

Just an image to clarify the whole rumored capslock problem about blue outlined units is false, I made up this screenshot here.

Click Me

Clearly demonstrated, you can see all my owned units standing there with transparent healthbars, and the peasant AI unit running by with a blue box around him. It's a large image, you may have to zoom in on your browser to see the units clearly if your eye sight is poor.
Propagandhi

Post by Propagandhi »

We know that the feature "works", Gray. It's just too difficult to see the blue outline, especially on large monitors or when not looking directly at the unit...

Moving on, now.
Wismuth

Post by Wismuth »

1. Camera drifting.
2. Pan the camera up or down (w or s keys), then press the chat key (y) a fraction of a second after releasing the key you used to pan. The camera will keep drifting at constant speed while you're typing your message.
3. Windows XP, modern build.
4. (not applicable)
Graydon

Post by Graydon »

Propagandhi wrote:We know that the feature "works", Gray. It's just too difficult to see the blue outline, especially on large monitors or when not looking directly at the unit...

Moving on, now.
??? This suggests you as well do not see what my picture proves lol, OR you're stating that 'blue health boxes on AI units need to be more visible'.

Player Units should have NO selection highlight box. ONLY a health bar. There's nothing to bloody well see! :o
Melekor
Site Admin

Post by Melekor »

Gray, in case you didn't notice I've asked people to keep this thread on topic and move away from the selection highlights issue. That includes you.

Thanks.
Wismuth wrote:1. Camera drifting.
2. Pan the camera up or down (w or s keys), then press the chat key (y) a fraction of a second after releasing the key you used to pan. The camera will keep drifting at constant speed while you're typing your message.
3. Windows XP, modern build.
4. (not applicable)
Good find Wismuth! Also, thanks for following the instructions.
Renwood TWA

Post by Renwood TWA »

can we just have the option of the old style selection box or the new one?

i myself like the new version a lot better. Before the units that i really had not slected looked not dim enough compared to my slected units selection boxes.

Health bar and mana seems good to me, but it should be a prefs option.
Peach Out
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

Melekor wrote:...in case you didn't notice I've asked people to keep this thread on topic and move away from the selection highlights issue. That includes you.
killerking

replay failure

Post by killerking »

Allright, I did some single player this morning. I decided to move on to some chimera levels, so I did 'the mage'. Note that by single player I mean offline. So I did the level on legendary, won, saved the film. After that I went looking to the film, but I noticed that after somewhere around 30 minutes it no longer shows what I did, but it let's my units make ai actions and after that they don't do anything anymore, the level is never won.
I'm using the osx version of the 1.7 beta, build 317.
In short: myth stopped recording data after around 30 minutes.

I'll upload the replay and saved game shortly.

Edit: it's more like 38 minutes, the same time I saved for the last time. Lol
Get replay+saved game at http://hl.udogs.net/files/Uploads/%20Us ... %20Uploads
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

I know it never did anything when playing in multiplayer anyways, but is there a reason why when playing solo maps in multiplayer mode in 1.7 the 'slower' key (F1) displays the common keyboard commands? completely freaked me out until I remembered I was playing in multiplayer instead of solo mode.

OS 10.2.8 Mac PPC Public Beta build.