Whatever happened to "Fields of Glory"?

Talk about anything here.
vinylrake

Whatever happened to "Fields of Glory"?

Post by vinylrake »

Anyone know whatever happened to the long ago in-development Myth II Napoleanic Warfare total conversion "Fields of Glory"?

http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Dr ... 6/fog.html
Lots of Myth stuff at http://mythgraveyard.org.
Sometimes I put hard to find stuff in my my Udogs folder.
iron
Site Admin

Post by iron »

haha, FoG! How on earth did you find that old URL?

Well anyway ... I got burnout with it. It was rather ambitious for a 1st project after all. Eventually most of what I wanted to do in FoG ended up in B&G anyway.
...playing as long5hot on War Thunder
The Elfoid

Post by The Elfoid »

It seems unusual for MythII projects to be announced or described in depth so early in their life. We did this because we need help to complete this enormous task, and also because it committed us to doing it, after a long period of vacillation.
COMMITTED. YOU MUST FINISH IT NOOB.
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

iron wrote:haha, FoG! How on earth did you find that old URL?

Well anyway ... I got burnout with it. It was rather ambitious for a 1st project after all. Eventually most of what I wanted to do in FoG ended up in B&G anyway.
I seem to generally be about 5-7 years behind in most things I do (or re:reality in general), so I am just now getting around to browsing web pages I bookmarked back in 2000-2001. (I think I was following links on a dead myth site and saw a SoM url that didn't look familiar)

Completely understand the overambitious first project, just thought I'd ask since it looked/sounded pretty cool, and I figured there was a chance maybe there was an "almost done" version sitting on someone's hard drive.
Lots of Myth stuff at http://mythgraveyard.org.
Sometimes I put hard to find stuff in my my Udogs folder.
iron
Site Admin

Post by iron »

Unfortunately I have nothing at all left from that project. Would you believe I was modelling _and_ animating those units completely in povray? Must have had rocks in my head.
...playing as long5hot on War Thunder
Industry

Post by Industry »

Would this be one of the casualties of your hard drive failure? And povray? In 2000? Are you a crazy man? Rendering yes, but modeling? Modeling in povray strikes me to be about as easy as modeling in vi or notepad.
Eddaweaver

Post by Eddaweaver »

Heh, didn't Stratman make that sniper unit in Paint?
stratman

Re: Whatever happened to "Fields of Glory"?

Post by stratman »

No SCS, it wasn't paint. I'd rather not say how it was created. Need to take some secrets with me.
Eddaweaver

Re: Whatever happened to "Fields of Glory"?

Post by Eddaweaver »

stratman wrote:No SCS, it wasn't paint. I'd rather not say how it was created. Need to take some secrets with me.
I've seen animals use a paint brush so it makes sense for a pet ghol to be able to involve itself in the creative process. :idea: