Selection delay

Talk about anything here.
Acheron

Post by Acheron »

When you drag mouse over screen to select unites it takes a little longer time before it "starts moving" (this is when u hold down left mouse key to select unites)

using new os x v bla bla bla duel G4 very fast como bla bla
iron
Site Admin

Post by iron »

yes, someone else reported this yesterday as well. We're looking into it.
...playing as long5hot on War Thunder
Tornberry

Post by Tornberry »

Well, would you look at that. :;):
Acheron

Post by Acheron »

Iron here is the deal explained:

In 1.3 PC users had the ability 2 do formation facing using the right mouse tab.. this made the arrow show up and stay for like a sec.. this was useful for holding ur formations.. However NOW Mac users have this as primery on our mouse.. this doesnt work at all because when u have unites selected and try to drag to select more u got a DELAY when the arrow show up. this must be fixed it is impossible to play
Acheron LoA&BME
ska

Post by ska »

I don't know if this will help you Ach, but what I did after running into annoying problems with mouse accuracy (trying to select a unit with another selected and accidently missing and moving the first unit, for example) was map the deselect key (default is ` or ~) to [F], so whenever I select a new unit I quickly deselect first.

I think your problem is a legitimate one, but I also noticed that in 1.4 (and all other versions as far as I can remember), gesture-clicking often produced a selection box, which I guess is what 1.5 set out to fix. Since having both is probably impossible, I'm inclined to lean towards easier gesture-clicking.

Ok sorry for making that so long. ;)
iron
Site Admin

Post by iron »

Ach, I'm aware of the delay and yes we're addressing it. But if you have a 2-button mouse on a Mac the right button works the same as on a PC. If you don't you can hold option while clicking and it works like a right mouse button.
...playing as long5hot on War Thunder
Acheron

Post by Acheron »

iron wrote:Ach, I'm aware of the delay and yes we're addressing it. But if you have a 2-button mouse on a Mac the right button works the same as on a PC. If you don't you can hold option while clicking and it works like a right mouse button.
ok.. In 1.3 the right bottom on mac didnt work same way as PC.. good that u fxed it now.. however i dont use this feature anyway.. but im happy that u make the left bottom act normal.. because it is impossible to play with that extra selection delay.
Acheron LoA&BME