Whats this i hear about a mill replacement?

Talk about anything here.
grim

Post by grim »

Well? :surprised:

Also, stone cold check your email.
:-)
Doobie
Site Admin

Post by Doobie »

We have one in the works. It's called TheTain.org, and the project is being headed up by Infininight and Gholsbane.

A lot of progress has been made already, but there is still a lot of work to be done.

If you've got any features that you'd like to see in such a beast, submit a wishlist item for the tain in our "Projects" section.
Want to play Myth? New and old Myth players can playmyth online at Mariusnet.com.
KyleMaclean.net
qwerty

Post by qwerty »

I'd like to see readable text on forum posts :) (black on dark red/brown is not readable) :P
Krusader

Post by Krusader »

Time to bring out those lime greens, hot pinks, and sky blue fonts!

Sincerely,
Krusader
Krusader Bastard
StoneCold
Site Admin

Post by StoneCold »

Guest wrote:I'd like to see readable text on forum posts :) (black on dark red/brown is not readable) :P

This was a bug which has since been fixed. However, People can change their colors in their profiles.. nothing I can really do about it.

Edited By StoneCold on 1079980168
Graydon

Post by Graydon »

Egadz....I suppose I should get back to doing data entry :-o
Graydon

Post by Graydon »

Suggestion.....make a 'Log In' button....the linked button is small and insignificant....I forgot to log in the first time there :P Make it more obvious for newcomers :)
Unkfolt

Post by Unkfolt »

About how many plug-ins are on the waiting list to be used in the Tain? Also, how many admins will be running it? And what kind of main page will there be; will it be set up like the Mill, displaying the newest plug-ins submitted daily?

¤¤ Unkfolt
"Somewhere something incredible is waiting to be known."
-Carl Sagan
Alucard

Post by Alucard »

It matters not.....deep inside nothing can replace the mill :(
*tear*
In the end only the fittest survive in this world. If you are strong you live, if you are weak, you die.
haravikk
Site Admin

Post by haravikk »

Unkfolt wrote:About how many plug-ins are on the waiting list to be used in the Tain?
iirc last count there were just over 3000 plug-ins so I think it's safe to say "lots".

The design of the Tain is still being worked on but it will likely have most or maybe even more functionality than the Mill. Not sure about admins/mods but there will most likely be more than 1 so if one is absent or whatever then people aren't kept waiting.
Being Haravikk gets you girls like these:
Oroboros

Post by Oroboros »

Hmmm... From the Mill directly, I remember converting about 2100 plug entries, and a good proportion of those entries were films and ancilliary items.

Either Inf has found a new treasure chest of plugs, or there's a lot of time being spent on stuff I'll personally never d/l :-)

-Oro
"Harden The Fuck Up." - Dalai Lama, 1990
Unkfolt

Post by Unkfolt »

The Tain won't crap out on us when a few people get whiny and crusty, then start flaming the admins, will it?

How much bandwidth will it have?

On a side note, why are there two of the same angry face emoticon in the "Clickable Smilies" area?
<-----------------------
"Somewhere something incredible is waiting to be known."
-Carl Sagan