Plugin maps and scripts

Talk about anything here.
suikacide

Post by suikacide »

So since it's possible to extract units from plugins using topaz, is there also a way to actually look at the scripting of the plugin such as with the other levels in the game?
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Post by Pyro »

Extract the mesh with TagExtractor/Topaz and using Loathing look at the scripting for that map.

-Pyro
suikacide

Post by suikacide »

yeah....i did figure it out after i found a plugin that didnt CRASH!
but thanks anyway pyro...
but has anyone else noticed that the plugin Shadow of the Mountain2 only 2 of the 6 levels actully work and dont crash back to the menu screen? or is that my special problem....
**suik**
SCORCH

Post by SCORCH »

[color=D7B35B]Some of the meshes use tagsets(B&G, SF, Leggo...) without them loaded it will crash.[/color]
ViralDoctor

Post by ViralDoctor »

Quick question... is it possible to insert scripts this way? The loathing import is really slow when the script gets big (mines 1000+ lines, half done).
Graydon

Post by Graydon »

Hehe....1000+ lines eh? My suggestion is start your rescripting now. It will make your hell a little more bearable later on. Myth's engine can only handle about 700 map actions give or take a couple before it will crash horribly :) I'd start reworking your script man...or you're going to have HUGE problems down the line....by the sounds of it you're going to have to cut that 1000 down to about 400....or make your map have less units or something....ask a pro scripter like Khel for suggestions on shortening script :) A suggestion off the top of my head is use less ACLIs. Often you can get away with just activating actions with an ACOS from a previous action for example. Plus in the end if worst comes to worst you can always delete all your spaces and organizational text...headings and the like. Good luck. Oh yea...and to answer your question....No you cant. The script file is embedded into the Mesh tag, so importing it via loathing is the only way to go :)
ViralDoctor

Post by ViralDoctor »

It just has 180 sound actions, 4 movements, and a couple other actions, about 2400 lines. Takes awhile to import, but works. It's supposed to be a recreation of the first scene of Hamlet. :)

I'm having a problem now though, the drop down menu for selecting sound actions doesn't list all of the sounds (I have 1024 in total with the ones I added). I'll have to figure out something quick, but maybe importing it will be okay. :nocomment: