Any plans for myth iv ? - Nothing wrong with dreaming

Talk about anything here.
PureWickedHD

Post by PureWickedHD »

Hi people, like many of you I have been a Myth devotee since the first, (it helped me escape Age of Empires) I love the series and like many was dissapointed by M3, and Bungie being bought out etc etc.. (so much for "Bungie world domination").

Well I and I hope many others would buy Myth 4 if it was released, especially if it was by the Project Magma team, I have all 3 Myth games installed and ready to play, I would play M3 more but it isn't popular enough to find players to play against/with, this is a great community and some amazing mods have been done and I am very glad to see that we can still expect updates and support for these great titles.

Would a project like Myth4 ever have a chance of being made either retail or even better freeware/donateware open source??

Thank you for reading and listening to me ramble,
PureWicked/////HD
CIK

Post by CIK »

First if we make Myth IV it wouldn't be called Myth IV, just because of the damage of done by Myth III and the M$ thing. There is also the problem of getting T2 to allow us to make IV and call it Myth.

After M2 1.5 is shipped our next task will be to finish fixing up Myth III and ship 1.2 of that. Once that is done we will start thinking about what to do next. Other then playing with our latest work.

- CIK
Krusader

Post by Krusader »

If there is a Myth IV, I'd like to see what part of the Myth story it would use. I think our best hope for a Myth IV would be a "finished" Myth 3. Since in our current situation, I don't think the Myth developers have the money or time to create a Myth IV.

Myth 4 would have to have 3D units.
Myth 4 would have to have a new storlyine.
Myth 4 would need to have new gameplay.
Myth 4 would need a new game engine.

All the above, Myth 3 has, it just hasn't been finished.

Sincerely,
Krusader
Krusader Bastard
Unkfolt

Post by Unkfolt »

I like the fact that there's only three in that it's a trilogy. When there are more than three of something, it begins to lose its originality. A great example is in movies when they make too many and the fans begin to lose interest. Myth lost many of its players when Myth 3 was released unfinished. Myth 4 would probably flop if it was released right now.
"Somewhere something incredible is waiting to be known."
-Carl Sagan
Horus

Post by Horus »

The Fallen's Venegeance, I know is not a new game but can be technically classed as Myth 4, since it is a continuation of the Myth storyline from where Myth 2 Soulblighter left off.

Currently the TFV site is going through a revamp, but once done will have a whole new look, screens,beta hostings and forums.

www.thefallensvengeance.com

For info email us at
thefallensvengeance@hotmail.com
qwerty

Post by qwerty »

horus if you want people to read your posts you should use a readable text colour :\
Horus

Post by Horus »

Nah I just wanna look cool, heh
ozone

Post by ozone »

that color is only cool if you listen to prince while wearing a thong as you do arobics with richard simmons...

:O
do it.
Horus

Post by Horus »

I don't think anyone wanted to hear what goes on at your house oz.
ViralDoctor

Post by ViralDoctor »

How about seven myth games?

...just kidding! :;):

Since I haven't played myth 3, I can't really comment on the situation, as I don't know what happened.
Graydon

Post by Graydon »

:: can read Horus' text just fine ::