Myth 2 for retina 5k iMac

Talk about anything here.
Deceiver

Myth 2 for retina 5k iMac

Post by Deceiver »

Hey guys! just wanted to know if there will be a support coming for the retina 5k iMac, would be sweet to have the game run in 5k :)

and also, was wondering if there's anything new coming to the game?

Keep up the good work guys!
Thank you all for keeping one of the greatest Mac games ever created, alive.
Deceiver

Re: Myth 2 for retina 5k iMac

Post by Deceiver »

bumping this thread...
GodzFire

Post by GodzFire »

At this point it's lucky the program even runs anymore.
Jon God

Post by Jon God »

Deceiver wrote:bumping this thread...
PM Myrd or Melekor, they'd have the answer you're looking for.
PSN: Jon_God
XBL: J0N GOD
Myrd
Site Admin

Post by Myrd »

Well, I don't own a Retina Mac so can't really do anything on that front for now. However, I think it still runs - just not HiDPI, right? If so, the problem is not simply programming, but also requires new art and tags for dialogs.
Deceiver

Post by Deceiver »

Myrd wrote:Well, I don't own a Retina Mac so can't really do anything on that front for now. However, I think it still runs - just not HiDPI, right? If so, the problem is not simply programming, but also requires new art and tags for dialogs.

Hi!

Yeah it runs very fine. I doubt it should be hard to fix it. However what do I know lol, but a lot of games are releasing patches that support the retina 5k resolution.. but then again, it runs fine and looks great as is, but would look amazing to be able to run it in 5k resolution :)

peace
GodzFire

Post by GodzFire »

Deceiver wrote:
Myrd wrote:Well, I don't own a Retina Mac so can't really do anything on that front for now. However, I think it still runs - just not HiDPI, right? If so, the problem is not simply programming, but also requires new art and tags for dialogs.
Hi!

Yeah it runs very fine. I doubt it should be hard to fix it. However what do I know lol, but a lot of games are releasing patches that support the retina 5k resolution.. but then again, it runs fine and looks great as is, but would look amazing to be able to run it in 5k resolution :)

peace
Are those games that have gotten 5k abilities at least 18 years old, have no support from their owner for over 15 years, and completely rely upon basically 2 people who have access to even touch the program coding? Because that's the position Myth 2 is in.
Deceiver

Post by Deceiver »

Yeah obviously the Myth's situation UNFORTUNATELY isn't the best. It's IMO one of the best games available and if you see my previous posts I'm forever grateful for the people here who kept it alive and improved the experience. You've kept something very sacred (my childhood) alive. Every time I play Myth I get nostalgic and time travel to my childhood.

I also wonder if it's possible for a patch/fix so that OS X hot corners don't effect the game. Every time I play myth I have to disable hot corners or else I exit the game..

Anyway, these are just wishes from a player who love the Myth series. And again, thank you all the people who keep this alive. Never stop.
Deceiver

Post by Deceiver »

GodzFire wrote:
Deceiver wrote:
Hi!

peace
Are those games that have gotten 5k abilities at least 18 years old, have no support from their owner for over 15 years, and completely rely upon basically 2 people who have access to even touch the program coding? Because that's the position Myth 2 is in.

Yeah obviously the Myth's situation UNFORTUNATELY isn't the best. It's IMO one of the best games available and if you see my previous posts I'm forever grateful for the people here who kept it alive and improved the experience. You've kept something very sacred (my childhood) alive. Every time I play Myth I get nostalgic and time travel to my childhood.

I also wonder if it's possible for a patch/fix so that OS X hot corners don't effect the game. Every time I play myth I have to disable hot corners or else I exit the game..

Anyway, these are just wishes from a player who love the Myth series. And again, thank you all the people who keep this alive. Never stop.
Deceiver

Post by Deceiver »

GodzFire wrote:
Deceiver wrote:
Hi!

peace
I sent you a PM -- not sure it went through or not.. ?
Deceiver

Post by Deceiver »

GodzFire wrote:
Deceiver wrote:
Hi!

peace
Still waiting to send you some screen shots you asked for mate :)
Myrd
Site Admin

Post by Myrd »

Got the PM. I've managed to locally test with a newer Retina MacBook Pro which should have a similar behavior to the 5k iMac and have good results.

I'm hoping we can do a public beta soon of the next update, at which point you can try it out. Stay tuned!
WazzaMouse
Site Admin

Post by WazzaMouse »

I'm down for testing when it's ready. I have a 27" 5k iMac
Deceiver

Post by Deceiver »

WazzaMouse wrote:I'm down for testing when it's ready. I have a 27" 5k iMac
I have a 5k iMac as well and would love to try it out as well and help out guys! This is amazing news! :)