Oddness at the Tain

A forum for dicussing all matters related to the tain.
akula65

Oddness at the Tain

Post by akula65 »

For the last few days, every time I start a tab in my browser with a Tain page, rather than seeing "login" in the upper left of the page, I see "logout {godzfire}" or "logout [(some_other_user_here)]." I can click "logout" and then log in. This is on Firefox 53.0 (32-bit) on a Windows 7 Professional SP1 machine.

Admins might want to look into this.

Thanks.
Last edited by akula65 on Tue May 02, 2017 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hmp

Re: Oddness at the Tian

Post by hmp »

I have noticed the same thing. It doesn't happen every time, and seems to change/log out when I click on something. I first noticed it yesterday when reading a thread, I noticed it appeared I had moderator powers which confused me because I'm not a moderator and I hadn't logged in yet - then I noticed it showed me logged in as Iron. I have attached a screenshot I took the second time I noticed this.

I'm using Chrome, Windows 10
Attachments
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (150.36 KiB) Viewed 10188 times
GodzFire

Re: Oddness at the Tian

Post by GodzFire »

I couldn't log in for the past day or two. Today I cleared all data related to The Tain and was able to get in.

Sounds like the databases and SQL needs to get reoptimized and some backend work done.
Khellek

Re: Oddness at the Tain

Post by Khellek »

Same here.

Damn you Godz!!!!!! :P
There can be only one...
Myrd
Site Admin

Re: Oddness at the Tain

Post by Myrd »

I've personally not seen this, but this thread suggests that it might be caused by caching by bluehost:

https://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtop ... &t=2388691