Bug: The Tain is losing threads

A forum for dicussing all matters related to the tain.
jason_ac

Bug: The Tain is losing threads

Post by jason_ac »

I had a recent thread about wanting to know if anyone had made a plugin where the other players were all AI. I believe someone even replied to it (vinylrake)?

Now that thread is gone. I believe I posted it recently during the recent outages the Tain was having.

I only noticed it had gone missing when fildred just posted a similar type request. I wonder how many other threads/posts have disappeared.
For manuals and tips about Myth, visit http://tinyurl.com/MythGuides
vinylrake

Re: Bug: The Tain is losing threads

Post by vinylrake »

I noticed after the Tain came back up that it seemed like somewhere between a few hours to a couple of days of activity were lost. I assumed Magma had restored the forums from an older backup.
jason_ac

Post by jason_ac »

vinylrake wrote:I noticed after the Tain came back up that it seemed like somewhere between a few hours to a couple of days of activity were lost. I assumed Magma had restored the forums from an older backup.
Oh that sucks. Now I wish the forums had an option to auto email to you any posts you make.
For manuals and tips about Myth, visit http://tinyurl.com/MythGuides
Melekor
Site Admin

Post by Melekor »

VR is correct, the forum was restored to an earlier backup. Not by us but by the hosting company. I don't know what they were doing but we are still experiencing various forms of breakage from their changes, such as hotline and ftp not working.
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Post by Pyro »

Melekor wrote:... we are still experiencing various forms of breakage from their changes, such as hotline and ftp not working.
The Tain just missed me so much it got sick.

::Comforts the Tain::
It's okay, Tain, it's okay. I'm here.
Melekor
Site Admin

Post by Melekor »

Welcome back Pyro :) Hotline chat is working now, just not uploads and downloads.
Jon God

Post by Jon God »

Man, I missed you Pyro. I kept not being able to answer myth questions to people on GoS and these forums, and couldn't point them to you.

Serious though, don't scare us like that! :D
PSN: Jon_God
XBL: J0N GOD
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Post by Pyro »

I've disappeared before. Don't know why it got noticed this time around, then again I guess I don't vanish for long periods of time in the recent years unlike the earlier Myth days when I could go under the radar.

Mel emailed me and mentioned some thread with my name on it. I was not looking forward to reading so many unread posts. Ha, I expected less activity while away for some reason.

I can't even know when was the last time I logged in because this database is still messed up from that issue years ago. It claims I last logged on back in March 2012. The only time that date changes is if I sign out and sign back in. Otherwise it stays the same.