Dates on Tain uploads?

A forum for dicussing all matters related to the tain.
jason_ac

Dates on Tain uploads?

Post by jason_ac »

Since the Tain is a huge file repository, I'd love to see it show date-of-last-upload on the files. I'm surprised it doesn't. Sometimes I'm trying to figure-out if A is newer than B and often there's no way to tell other than to download the plugin.
For manuals and tips about Myth, visit http://tinyurl.com/MythGuides
Jon God

Re: Dates on Tain uploads?

Post by Jon God »

I agree with this. It'd be cool to see it happen.
PSN: Jon_God
XBL: J0N GOD
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Post by Pyro »

It would be useful, but due to the age of the Tain, you might end up with uploads of very old plugins with an upload date of say a year ago. There have probably been people downloading newly uploaded plugins that were in fact from the 90's and thought they were recent.

Strangely enough the Tain's submission does allow you to set a date, but I guess it goes unused or something as you never see it listed.
jason_ac

Post by jason_ac »

Pyro wrote:you might end up with uploads of very old plugins with an upload date of say a year ago
You mean because an old plugin just "recently" got uploaded?

The plugins themselves seem to retain their "old" file dates...I have recently downloaded plugins that are 98, 99, 2000, etc. How about the Tain display the file date of the plugin?
For manuals and tips about Myth, visit http://tinyurl.com/MythGuides
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Post by Pyro »

jason_ac wrote:You mean because an old plugin just "recently" got uploaded?
Yes. It has happened a bunch of times so far.
jason_ac wrote:The plugins themselves seem to retain their "old" file dates...I have recently downloaded plugins that are 98, 99, 2000, etc. How about the Tain display the file date of the plugin?
Sometimes the person uploading the old plugins doesn't have the original file and may have a copy that displays the date it got copied. At any rate, a Tain dev would be more useful in answering such a question.