Submitted a tain item

A forum for dicussing all matters related to the tain.
oogaBooga

Submitted a tain item

Post by oogaBooga »

Its kinda nifty, if you could give it a once-over and push it on through real quickfor old times sake i'd appreciate it.
oogaBooga

Re: Submitted a tain item

Post by oogaBooga »

bah forget it, found a bug. reuploading.
Melekor
Site Admin

Post by Melekor »

I was going to approve, but the tain says it can't find any plugins in the zip. I downloaded the file and they are there, however they're in a folder.

Myrd will correct me if I'm wrong here, but I think that the plugin files need to be in the root directory of the .zip for the tain to recognize them, so that they will work with the plugin finder in myth.
Myrd
Site Admin

Post by Myrd »

Melekor wrote:I was going to approve, but the tain says it can't find any plugins in the zip. I downloaded the file and they are there, however they're in a folder.

Myrd will correct me if I'm wrong here, but I think that the plugin files need to be in the root directory of the .zip for the tain to recognize them, so that they will work with the plugin finder in myth.
The problem with this particular item was that the zip had over 100 files in it (from all the docs) and since detecting plugins is expensive, The Tain just gave up on it because it had so many items. I've tweaked the algorithm to first sort the contents by how nested they are in the ZIP and process the least nested ones first. This fixed the issue and The Tain was now able to detect the plugins in this ZIP. I've approved the item.

In the future, please use The Tain sub-forum for such issues.
oogaBooga

Post by oogaBooga »

Didnt realize there was a submission forum, good deal, i'll use that from now on!

Oh, and i'll reupload so the tain finder thing works. Thanks for letting me know
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Post by Pyro »

Not a submission forum, a sub-forum. The only one that says Tain in its name is the one for anything Tain related.
Olong2

Post by Olong2 »

Hey, ooga...

What are you up to these days? You're something of a legend in two worlds (Myth and Marathon). How does a legend pass his time?

;)
Myrd
Site Admin

Post by Myrd »

oogaBooga wrote:Didnt realize there was a submission forum, good deal, i'll use that from now on!

Oh, and i'll reupload so the tain finder thing works. Thanks for letting me know
You don't need to re-upload - it should be all good now with my fix.
oogaBooga

Post by oogaBooga »

i like chicken i like liver meow mix meow mix please deliver
ozone

Post by ozone »

Some Loser.
do it.