Who do I contact to inform of pending approvals?

A forum for dicussing all matters related to the tain.
Zaknafein

Who do I contact to inform of pending approvals?

Post by Zaknafein »

I feel like a nuisance constantly harassing admins on hotline about a file update that I want changed every day or two. Is there somebody here with approval powers who is fairly active that I can private message without annoying?
God of mapmaking
Undefeated in 1v1 mapmaking competitions
vinylrake

Re: Who do I contact to inform of pending approvals?

Post by vinylrake »

It's great that you are so actively working on myth projects (meant 100% sincerely in case there's any question), but my impression of the The Tain is that it's for maps that are _done_, not for versions that are still 'in progress'. There's always things one finds after 'completing' a map that could be fixed or made better, but if you know you are going to be changing it several times over the next few days, that doesn't sound like a completed map.

obviously I am not the Tain nor do I speak for them, these are just my personal thoughts.
punkUser
Site Admin

Post by punkUser »

Yeah for that rate of updates you might be better off with something like dropbox or maybe even hotline.
Zaknafein

Post by Zaknafein »

You two are right, I should probably not update so often. I'll wait until I have enough changes to make a final version then quit updating!
God of mapmaking
Undefeated in 1v1 mapmaking competitions
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

well, i wasn't advocating not updating so often - it's great that you are enthusiastic about improving your maps and have the time and energy to do it - that's all good. it would be great to have a dozen more people in the community with similar qualities working on myth projects. i was just commenting on the suitability of posting frequently changing projects to the tain.