Dubious Ratings

A forum for dicussing all matters related to the tain.
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Re: Dubious Ratings

Post by Pyro »

kingthrall wrote:You start meddling with the reviews because you dont like them, then your pretty much destroying any credibility you have for criticism as a map-maker. Start Deleting my stuff because you dont like it? Each to their own that is why its called a Review..
Melekor wasn't deleting reviews based on how much or little he likes the reviewers, and he is not a map maker. If reviews were deleted based on how unlikeable they are then there would probably be only a handful of them. I've seen some of your past reviews, kingthrall. While I may not agree with all of them, your reviews were obviously real and not just spam posted seconds after more and more spam reviews. Bad reviews or even bad reviewers wouldn't really be an issue if more people reviewed items.
Zaknafein

Post by Zaknafein »

vinylrake wrote: If you are trying to make the point that any deletion 'policy' should be clearly spelled out and enforced consistently, I would agree. IF Magma is going to be deleting reviews, it should be clearly stated what constitutes a valid (e.g. non-bogus) review, and what constitutes a review that will be deleted. If brevity or no explanation is the criteria than that should be stated. If it' s a rating that doesn't match the text of the review (a one-star map with a review that says "Great Map!" then that should be stated.
Melekor wrote: There is no deletion policy. This was basically a one-time cleanup of the reviews of a single person who had systematically abused the rating system, rating stuff that he hadn't even played. If you think this constitutes some kind of draconian censorship, you're an idiot.
vinylrake wrote:Works for me, as long as we get to ignore all your off-topic posts.
VR please show a little respect to the administrator of this site. You are skating on thin ice young man.
God of mapmaking
Undefeated in 1v1 mapmaking competitions
Melekor
Site Admin

Post by Melekor »

I see you've ignored my warning not to submit any more bogus reviews, and in the last while submitted no less than 13 five-star "reviews" with no text in the body. What are you trying to accomplish with this? Just for the lulz I guess? Whatever your goal, I hope it was worth it. Until next time, enjoy your ban.
Melekor
Site Admin

Post by Melekor »

Updated the deleted reviews list to include Zak's shenanigans:
http://projectmagma.net/~melekor/tmp/bogus_reviews.txt
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

Obvious to all I am sure, but the quotes Zach assembled were from 2 different conversations people were having with HIM, not a conversation between Mel and I.

In the future I think we (me included) should probably try to avoid using the adjective 'legendary' when talking about Zak's little antics as I have a feeling it only feeds Zak's ego and encourages him to new depths of trolldumb.
Melekor
Site Admin

Post by Melekor »

vinylrake wrote:In the future I think we (me included) should probably try to avoid using the adjective 'legendary' when talking about Zak's little antics as I have a feeling it only feeds Zak's ego and encourages him to new depths of trolldumb.
lol, my bad. True enough too, he has already incorporated that quote into his sig on the mwc'12 forum.
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

Melekor wrote:lol, my bad. True enough too, he has already incorporated that quote into his sig on the mwc'12 forum.
I fixed the quote.

ps. i just caught up with the related thread on the mwc12 forums. hilarious. zach is playing the "i was banned for defending your right to rank maps however you want" card, and renwood has weighed in calling everyone on magma and mariusnet nazis and pleading for someone to host their own 'server with maps on it' and create a new game server.

the wheels on the short-bus go round and round, round and round, round and round....

lolz.
punkUser
Site Admin

Post by punkUser »

Man, I gotta say... this community definitely sets the record for the stupidest and most irrelevant drama. I guess all the actually interesting things to argue about were done long ago ;)
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

in other community news, I am curious whether Renwood or Ooga ever made any modifications to the actual Myth code?
Jon God

Post by Jon God »

vinylrake wrote:in other community news, I am curious whether Renwood or Ooga ever made any modifications to the actual Myth code?
Nope. Ooga was a Amber/Oaker and Fear-er. Renwood never touched anything.

Actually no, Renwood toyed around with a 3D program, and also messed about with 'adapting already made scripting to new maps'.

I'm Jon God, and I approve this message.
PSN: Jon_God
XBL: J0N GOD
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

that's what I thought. I guess when Renwood says he and Ooga and Myrd "fixed" a bug he meant that Myrd fixed the bug and he reported or helped test the fix. Probably just imprecise wording.

btw, there are some scurrilous charges being made against Magma on the mwc forums, and I'd like to get to the bottom of one of them. Is it true that Magma is secretly controlled by ego filled Nazi unFreedom-loving unAmerican Canadians?
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Post by Pyro »

Yeah it wouldn't be the first time he says things like that when the actual help was only reporting it or sometimes even test the fix.
vinylrake wrote:btw, there are some scurrilous charges being made against Magma on the mwc forums, and I'd like to get to the bottom of one of them. Is it true that Magma is secretly controlled by ego filled Nazi unFreedom-loving unAmerican Canadians?
I'm afraid so... then again can Canadians be American and Canadian at the same time? Or is that some sort of Schrödinger's cat type of thing? :| If Un-American is bad, what would Un-Canadian be? Good? Probably cuz those crazy Canadians are all hippies or so I hear.
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

Dang. I might have to resign from the tain. I mean I can get along with Nazi *tards, but CANADIANS? Everyone has their limits.
punkUser
Site Admin

Post by punkUser »

vinylrake wrote:Dang. I might have to resign from the tain. I mean I can get along with Nazi *tards, but CANADIANS? Everyone has their limits.
If it helps I try to chant "USA, USA" while fist pumping at least once a week.
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

Yes, but you probably say it in Canadian so it sounds like "U S, eh? U S, eh?"