Custom formations

A forum for dicussing all matters related to the tain.
Gerbil

Custom formations

Post by Gerbil »

How would I get custom formations, and make them active? Do I need to download them from somewhere, or can I make my own?

I downloaded the Bushido plugin, and one of the readme's talked about custom formations, and putting the file in a folder titled "formations" inside of the "local" folder. I am not sure where I can get this file though.
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Re: Custom formations

Post by Pyro »

You can either get it from another person and place it in your "...\Myth II\local\formations" folder or you can open Fear, a mapmaking tool. If you don't have it you can run the latest update and pick Fear/Loathing to be installed. They will be placed in your Myth II folder. Open Fear, double click on formations. Then double click on "internal formations". Adjust the values to how you want them. When you are done, press OK on that window and close Fear. Fear automatically saves any files you have editted in your local folder, so no need to place it yourself.
Gerbil

Post by Gerbil »

sweet, sounds easy enough, thanks a lot :D :D
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

As Pyro explained, it's pretty straightforward, here's an article if you want more info: http://mything.org/index.php?a=article- ... 0000000310

I'd recommend making a few small tweaks and testing the results before going on a formation editing rampage - mostly because when I changed +everything+ at once it was harder to tell which value effected what.

Oh and if you totally hose your formations and just want to start over, just remove the internal formations file from your local folder and your formations will be reset to the bungie standard formations.
carlinho

Post by carlinho »

the shitty thing is the AI still takes formations for AI movements as the standard ones.
so if you take control of your units and do a move action, they'll move within the default formation standards
or enemy units will do so too...
but for the rest you can make some great formations!
http://carlinho7.tripod.com
Home of ANCIENT and CLASSICAL GREECE plugin on the works.
Doobie
Site Admin

Post by Doobie »

sounds like the kind of thing that could be updated in 1.8...
Want to play Myth? New and old Myth players can playmyth online at Mariusnet.com.
KyleMaclean.net