bad link?

A forum for dicussing all matters related to the tain.
polypirate

bad link?

Post by polypirate »

Hello, first of all, i am new...and just got back into myth maybe a few weeks ago.

I sure am glad to see there are people around who play still, and it just goes to show how great of a game series this is.

anyways, back on topic, i wanted to try the quarantine beta 13, but the link is broken or bad. (not sure if i post here about it? or maybe its my pc?)

Killing zombies with the myth2 engine sounds so fun.

Anyways, thanks for your time.
Tireces

Post by Tireces »

Yo man, welcome back to Myth :)
There was a server downtime recently - some files have been lost and some are still missing but admins or creators of plugs will re-upload em on The Tain soon :D
"As long as a single one of us stands..."
Road

Post by Road »

yeah theres like 3 other posts about this too ;)
Pyro
Bug Finder Extraordinaire

Post by Pyro »

polypirate

Post by polypirate »

Thank you good sir :D
Road

Post by Road »

Many good plugins and betas can be found useing the udogs hotline links :D
TarousZars
Site Admin

Post by TarousZars »

Lots I'm sure. It just takes time.
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

TarousZars wrote:Lots I'm sure. It just takes time.
would be nice if more mapmakers would 'finish' their betas. I see lots of betas but rarely bother to download any of them since I have NO idea what state they are in. One person's almost finished 'beta' is another persons this-will-crash-myth 'beta'.
Lots of Myth stuff at http://mythgraveyard.org.
Sometimes I put hard to find stuff in my my Udogs folder.
Pyro

Post by Pyro »

vinylrake wrote:One person's almost finished 'beta' is another persons this-will-crash-myth 'beta'.
Rarely does a plugin crash Myth these days. And if it does, Myth is unharmed. The reason I sometimes don't download betas is that some of those plugins are flawed in some way and so I wait for the final or better beta.
Site Admin

Post by Death's Avatar »

Pyro wrote:
vinylrake wrote:One person's almost finished 'beta' is another persons this-will-crash-myth 'beta'.
Rarely does a plugin crash Myth these days. And if it does, Myth is unharmed. The reason I sometimes don't download betas is that some of those plugins are flawed in some way and so I wait for the final or better beta.
Yeah that's what he means. Just crashing myth the extreme example.
Road

Post by Road »

I have the tendency to leave mine as "beta" because I know that Ill be upgrading it at some point but for the most part all of my plugins work fine and have no issues. After reading this post I may go ahead and start useing "version" or "alpha" to show that its a working plugin.

Heroes of co-op (HoC) has been a popular plugin for many years and yet has always been listed as a "beta" where as it should perhapes be considered a "version".
Pyro

Post by Pyro »

Road wrote:... has been a popular plugin for many years ...
Relative term.
Zeph

Post by Zeph »

I Will soon upload Quarantine v1.0.0!!!

1.0.0 means that it will be a final download, but may get updated/upgraded in the future. Won't be called beta anymore because the general balance will be kept the same from now on!

I'll stop updating my plugins when I stop playing myth!
Try this funny game, it's free, broswer based and doesn't ask for email.www.mybrute.com
polypirate

Post by polypirate »

So many plug ins, i have no idea what to pick, any recommendations?

This is a bit off topic, but are 3d modelers of any help in the mod scene for myth? I am not sure on the specs. I wouldn't mind helping someone with a few models. Always willing to build on my portfolio.
Road

Post by Road »

Pyro wrote:
Road wrote:... has been a popular plugin for many years ...
Relative term.
eh, well considering that it was #1 download at the Mil for awial and that people have been playing it for 6 years and demanding updates and a final Id say that was "popular".... at least with many of the co-opers.