bad link?

A forum for dicussing all matters related to the tain.
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

Death's Avatar wrote:
Pyro wrote:Rarely does a plugin crash Myth these days. And if it does, Myth is unharmed. The reason I sometimes don't download betas is that some of those plugins are flawed in some way and so I wait for the final or better beta.
Yeah that's what he means. Just crashing myth the extreme example.
Yeah - what DA said.

as for BETA vs. Version#s, I think a version# implies "I am done for now, this thing works. I might enhance it later, but as far as I can tell it works ok". 'Beta' implies "Here's this thing I am still working on, could you guys test it and let me know what's broken?"

but that could just be me. as a software developer I've seen too many projects that are just rough ideas (that are NOWHERE near beta testing stage that) get called a 'beta' release to feel enthused about trying a Beta.
Lots of Myth stuff at http://mythgraveyard.org.
Sometimes I put hard to find stuff in my my Udogs folder.
Zeph

Post by Zeph »

polypirate wrote:So many plug ins, i have no idea what to pick, any recommendations?

This is a bit off topic, but are 3d modelers of any help in the mod scene for myth? I am not sure on the specs. I wouldn't mind helping someone with a few models. Always willing to build on my portfolio.

Hey polypirate, actually, 3d modelers are very helpful in myth mod scene!

of all mapmakers, I think the only people actually creating new units from 3d models are Souly, plague bearer, carlinho and myself. I'm pretty sure some people from the myth "IV" group can do it too. None of us are professional at it and it usually takes us months to finish a unit!
Try this funny game, it's free, broswer based and doesn't ask for email.www.mybrute.com