Cap troopers plugin

A forum for dicussing all matters related to the tain.
rifthead

Cap troopers plugin

Post by rifthead »

Hey admins,
I've heard you have a bunch of the old mill maps in the archives. Do you have the plugin "cap troopers" at all? It's based on starship troopers, and it had some pretty awesome effects that I want to look at for inspiration for a project I'm working on. It's the only plugin that I remember that had giant, map sized craters. If there's any way I could get my hands on it, that'd be really awesome. I'd also possibly try and get in contact with the authors of the plugin in order to get permission to get it posted.
Myrd
Site Admin

Post by Myrd »

Unfortunately, I don't see it in our database.
rifthead

Post by rifthead »

Just out of curiosity, how many plugins DO you have? Do you have all of the ones that were hosted on the Mill or just some of them? I'm just wondering how many plugins have been lost forever to the shifting sands of time...
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

rifthead wrote:Just out of curiosity, how many plugins DO you have? Do you have all of the ones that were hosted on the Mill or just some of them? I'm just wondering how many plugins have been lost forever to the shifting sands of time...
I am not speaking as a representative of the Tain, but from a logical perspective the question of how many plugins (or maps) have been lost over time is all but impossible to answer. The reason is that to know how many maps and plugins were "lost" one would have to know how many ever existed. That # of course changed over time so there is no one 'number of plugins that existed' only the number that exist(ed) on a certain day. So even if one had the entire Mill file collection as of when it dissapeared the most recent time, that collection would be (I am guessing here) somewhere @100-200 maps/plugin shy of the total ever created, since A) not everyone posted their content on the Mill - some authors had issues with the Mill's terms of use and specifically kept their creations (no pun intended) off of the mill, B) some early TFL creations that pre-dated the Mill appear to have dissapeared before the Mill appeared, and C) there have been a lot of maps and plugins created since the mill dissapeared.

All that said, I would guess around 80%+ of the maps/plugins from the beginning of time till today are still available at the Tain, or uDogs, or one of the many other Myth download pages still in existence.
Lots of Myth stuff at http://mythgraveyard.org.
Sometimes I put hard to find stuff in my my Udogs folder.
rifthead

Post by rifthead »

It's good to see so many survived. Good point about how it's impossible to know. I meant how many from the mill, since in the old days that was pretty much the only place I ever got maps from.