"What's New" at the Tain rss feed?

A forum for dicussing all matters related to the tain.
vinylrake

"What's New" at the Tain rss feed?

Post by vinylrake »

Any chance of getting some kind of rss feed (like mariusnet's 'whose playing on mariusnet xml feed) so other mythsites could have a 'what's new at The tain" sidebox on their site?
Lots of Myth stuff at http://mythgraveyard.org.
Sometimes I put hard to find stuff in my my Udogs folder.
Myrd
Site Admin

Post by Myrd »

feed://tain.totalcodex.net/rss/recent
Myrd
Site Admin

Post by Myrd »

Hmm, well that's supposed to be working. I'm not sure why it's not returning the right items. I'll take a look at it tonight.
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

Myrd wrote:Hmm, well that's supposed to be working. I'm not sure why it's not returning the right items. I'll take a look at it tonight.
Wow. very cool!

thnx.

ps. took me a while to figure out how to actually display an rss feed (should be simpler, imo) but finally got it added to the myth map atlas (it displays in the bottom right of the sidebar on every page).

now i have to go back and get the 'who's playing on mariusnet' feed displaying somewhere.

heh. what would be REALLY geeky (and unnecessarily detailed) would if the mariusnet feed passed information about which plugins were being used in currently active games - that way when you were reading a description of a map or a plugin, it could show you how many (if ever greater than zero) people are currently playing with that plug/map on mariusnet.

what would be EVEN better, would be if the Myth game server would poll people's plugin folder when they logged on and keep stats, so that you could get information like: 'Of the 300 people who logged onto mariusnet this week, 50% of them have the TFL Multipack plugin'. Wouldn't that info be nice to have? then The Tain (or the map atlas) could display a current popularity rating so people would have some idea what plugs are popular.
Myrd
Site Admin

Post by Myrd »

I've updated the feed to output the right update dates.
PrplPplEater

Post by PrplPplEater »

heh. what would be REALLY geeky (and unnecessarily detailed) would if the mariusnet feed passed information about which plugins were being used in currently active games - that way when you were reading a description of a map or a plugin, it could show you how many (if ever greater than zero) people are currently playing with that plug/map on mariusnet.

what would be EVEN better, would be if the Myth game server would poll people's plugin folder when they logged on and keep stats, so that you could get information like: 'Of the 300 people who logged onto mariusnet this week, 50% of them have the TFL Multipack plugin'. Wouldn't that info be nice to have? then The Tain (or the map atlas) could display a current popularity rating so people would have some idea what plugs are popular.

That would all have to be added to the client to send to the server as the server doesn't know anything about what plugins are (or were) in use in a game.
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

PrplPplEater wrote:

That would all have to be added to the client to send to the server as the server doesn't know anything about what plugins are (or were) in use in a game.
Oh I didn't think it would be possible, but a guy can dream, can't he?
PrplPplEater

Post by PrplPplEater »

Oh, it's possible... and even on Conner's 1.7 wishlist.

We should maybe bug that other guy that is in this thread about it ;) ;) ;)