Wrong rating for plugin!

A forum for dicussing all matters related to the tain.
Khadrelt

Wrong rating for plugin!

Post by Khadrelt »

Whoops! I just did a review of Dorfball, but the rating thing didn't work - I clicked on 5 Stars, but when I submitted the rating it only had 1 Star! And I couldn't find a way to edit that. How do I change the rating, and how do I avoid such mistakes in the future? I did it while running IE 7 on WinXP, and for some reason it just didn't put on the rating I'd chosen.

Yeah...so now I've got this really positive review of Dorfball but only a 1-star rating...IT WASN'T MY FAULT!!!
The cake is a lie.
Baak

Post by Baak »

:: Throws red Dorfball at Khadrelt ::

(just bumped this to hopefully get Doobie's attention! ;) )
Baron LeDant

Post by Baron LeDant »

Click to write a review of it again and you can edit it, I changed one of my ratings too.
I wear a plastic ass on my bag ~ Da Cheeze
Orlando the Axe

Post by Orlando the Axe »

because it deserved a much higher score.
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

Baron LeDant wrote:Click to write a review of it again and you can edit it, I changed one of my ratings too.
I just did the same thing - e.g. forgot to check the # of stars before clicking the done button.

I couldn't edit the rating in Firefox, the cursor went to the star but wasn't hiliting or anything and after clicking the new rating wasn't 'taking'. The problem was the rating piece relies on scripting which my firefox profile was blocking.

I fixed it ok, but I could see how that might be confusing. If I hadn't JUST seen this topic and KNOWN the rating was functioning I probably wouldn't have realized the script blocker might be the culprit and would have assumed it was just broken.
Lots of Myth stuff at http://mythgraveyard.org.
Sometimes I put hard to find stuff in my my Udogs folder.
Khadrelt

Post by Khadrelt »

Well, I think I figured out what went wrong - Java decided to stop working on my computer. Completely. Once I get it working again I'll fix that rating.
The cake is a lie.
Doobie
Site Admin

Post by Doobie »

hmm, it's possible to do rating stars via css, perhaps we should look at that.
Want to play Myth? New and old Myth players can playmyth online at Mariusnet.com.
KyleMaclean.net
Myrd
Site Admin

Post by Myrd »

I've updated the rating system so that it should work properly even when JavaScript is disabled in the browser. Now, everyone go rate stuff and make sure it works fine!
gugusm

Post by gugusm »

Well, I didn't want to make another thread, so I'll post it here, because it's about rating too.

I was looking at the plugs list for Myth 2 and I saw Chimera. It has 4 stars. And when I clicked on it (description appeared etc.) 5 stars appeared. I looked at reviews and one of reviewer gave 5 and the other 4 stars.

Next little weird thing is that one of the entries (dark Campaign I think) has got 3 stars, but there were two 4 stars and only one 3 stars review.
gugusm

Post by gugusm »

Chimera thing has been fixed as I can see :)

But still IMO total rating should be rounded up or down instead of only down as it is now I think. Not that this is concerning to my plug :wink: , but it would be juster at all. I hope you got what I wrote.
Tireces

Post by Tireces »

I vote for rounding everything up and adding 1/4 star voting ( or at least when showing overall score ) system.
"As long as a single one of us stands..."