Surprised and Happy

A forum for dicussing all matters related to the tain.
Killswitch

Surprised and Happy

Post by Killswitch »

Just a quick note:

I was a little surprised and very happy to learn that all my login/messages/etc from the PM message boards also work for the Tain's boards. the thought of having to remember/manage another login/pass did not make me smile. (And yes, I'm sure someone will point out that I could have my browser remember my login/pass for me. To which I reply 'sod off' :wink: )

Anyway, kudos to the Tain devs for slaving away and making even the little details nice.
vinylrake

Re: Surprised and Happy

Post by vinylrake »

Killswitch wrote:Just a quick note:

I was a little surprised and very happy to learn that all my login/messages/etc from the PM message boards also work for the Tain's boards. the thought of having to remember/manage another login/pass did not make me smile.
I had a little w00t moment myself when I realized this. Having the same password/username seems like such a small thing I was suprised how happy it made me.
Lots of Myth stuff at http://mythgraveyard.org.
Sometimes I put hard to find stuff in my my Udogs folder.
Graydon

Post by Graydon »

.... why dont you just register the same username and password on all forums? :roll:
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

Graydon wrote:.... why dont you just register the same username and password on all forums? :roll:
Well I _do_ actually do that, and I am not sure exactly how the cross-viewing works under the 'hood' (since the two forums don't appear to use the same cookies) - but posts made in Tain related forums on projectmagma's forums show up in both forums which eliminates the need to go back and forth from one forum to the other. re: w00t!

At home I would just click the 'remember me' button on the forum signon page(s), but that's never a good idea on a machine owned by 'the man'.
Lots of Myth stuff at http://mythgraveyard.org.
Sometimes I put hard to find stuff in my my Udogs folder.