Author Account Creation Problems

A forum for dicussing all matters related to the tain.
Doobie
Site Admin

Author Account Creation Problems

Post by Doobie »

Some of you may find that you get an error about your username already existing in the database when you try to create an author account to submit a file.

If this happens to you, please contact tain administration (myself, tarous zars, or myrd presently), or post in here to let us know so we can link the accounts for you.
Want to play Myth? New and old Myth players can playmyth online at Mariusnet.com.
KyleMaclean.net
OMAC

happened to me

Post by OMAC »

Hi there.
This exact error happened for me.

Overall, super nice work on the site!

~O
Myrd
Site Admin

Post by Myrd »

I've linked your forum account to your author account on the Tain now.
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

I am experiencing the same situation. (name already taken, where name=vinylrake)
Lots of Myth stuff at http://mythgraveyard.org.
Sometimes I put hard to find stuff in my my Udogs folder.
Myrd
Site Admin

Post by Myrd »

I've linked your forums account to your author account.

I've also made the 1 item we have for you in the database, "The Quad", a pending item that you can edit. We don't have a file for it, and the description needs cleaning up. You can edit it from your pending items list, and resubmit it (or you can delete it if you don't want it listed.)
t o x y n

Post by t o x y n »

Doh, I didnt see this thread when I was making my Tain account. I just took out the spaces between the letters in my name and it went through.
Myrd
Site Admin

Post by Myrd »

t o x y n:

I've fixed your account, and added the two other items you had in your database as pending items. Please edit them, and re-submit. We had the files for those two in our archive, so just make sure the descriptions are OK, and remove the "DONT APPROVE" from the title.
t o x y n

Post by t o x y n »

what two other items? I've only submitted this one solo map

I'll check my tain account stuff
t o x y n

Post by t o x y n »

lol, holy hell those two plugins are old! Where did you find those? They suck horribly and should be laid to rest. :o

edit: I deleted them
Site Admin

Post by Death's Avatar »

t o x y n wrote:lol, holy hell those two plugins are old! Where did you find those? They suck horribly and should be laid to rest. :o

edit: I deleted them
:( It doesn't matter how much they suck :P

More content is good!

-DA
t o x y n

Post by t o x y n »

How about I just keep making new stuff thats actually worth downloading instead of putting those horrid creations back on there? :D
Site Admin

Post by Death's Avatar »

t o x y n wrote:How about I just keep making new stuff thats actually worth downloading instead of putting those horrid creations back on there? :D
Sounds good!
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

Myrd wrote:I've linked your forums account to your author account.

I've also made the 1 item we have for you in the database, "The Quad", a pending item that you can edit. We don't have a file for it, and the description needs cleaning up. You can edit it from your pending items list, and resubmit it (or you can delete it if you don't want it listed.)
Thanks Myrd, I was actually wanting author account access to post the Maramyth tagset on the author's behalf. (with the author's permission of course) But I will clean up the entry for The Quad.
Lots of Myth stuff at http://mythgraveyard.org.
Sometimes I put hard to find stuff in my my Udogs folder.